AN OVERVIEW OF CHANGES:
1. Knowledge Areas are now referred to as Functional Areas , each has a chapter dedicated to it as in the first edition, some Areas have Sections to cover increased detail
2. The data model Context Diagram has changed, adding more details
3. Topics may also have changed locations (e.g. Ethics has moved from Professional Development to Data Governance) and new topics have been added (e.g. data in a cloud).
4. “Data Integration and Interoperability” is a new Knowledge Area in order to highlight its emerging importance in the field
5. “Documents and Content” has changed locations in the context diagram to before the activities that involve integration, to highlight its increasing importance as part of the scope of data to integrate, analyze and interoperate.
6. Data Governance is positioned as a unifying theory for all Data Management. In addition to Data Governance special position in the DAMA-DMBOK as this overarching topic, Data Governance is also a Section at end of each chapter describing particular Data Governance activities and data governance Environmental Aspects for that Knowledge Area.
We will be supplying a Concordance between DAMA-DMBOK 1 and 2 for readers in the full version of the book.
FRAMEWORK COMMENT DRAFT - APRIL 30th 2012 Comment period is now closed
FRAMEWORK FINAL DRAFT - May 2013 Finalized Framework paper now available.
Draft chapters DMBOK2 OPEN REVIEW PERIOD - Starting Q2 2014
FULL PUBLICATION will be available in Q2 2015.
Delays are due to the overall volunteer nature of our work !