December 9, 2018 Update:
1) CDMP Testing partner has been selected for a pilot project with a small test audience for validation. Validation includes:
a) Registration and payment process (administrative)
b) Test execution (operational)
c) Results notification and certificate delivery (administrative)
2) CDMP Testing will be available at EDW 2019 with the revised DM Fundamentals (one test for all levels) based on DMBOK2.
3) The three previously available CDMP specialty exams (Data Governance, Data Quality, and Data Modeling) are being revised for DMBOK2 and other current materials. At least one of these will be available at EDW 2019, hopefully all three.
4) Other Specialty exam content is being developed by committees, including Metadata and DW/BI. These exams will be available some time this summer, if not earlier.
5) We are also aiming to open registration for the DM Fundamental exam online on March 1st 2019. This depends on the success of the pilot project.
November 3, 2018 Update:
Recertification requirement for upload of a logbook tracking continuing education for recertification is replaced with an affirmation from the certificate holder, effective November 15 2018.
Exam Organization - Consolidation of all Data Management exams into one. 100% complete.
Exam Platform - 4 responses received.
Other implementation issues are being addressed, and we will issue notification when we are able to support testing again.
October 20, 2018 Update:
Exam Organization - Consolidation of all Data Management exams into one. 80% complete.
Exam Platform - RFP sent out 10/19/2018.
DAMA-I Central Membership is not required to register for and take any exams. Membership is required for to obtain and maintain Certification.
September 22, 2018 Update:
Exam Organization - Consolidation of all Data Management exams into one. 50% complete.
September 8, 2018 Update:
CDMP revision is being addressed in 4 parts:
- Partner/Platform RFP - Team of 10 members formed to create requirements criteria and evaluate potential partners/platforms for CDMP testing. Currently working on RFP and list of potential suppliers.
- Exam Organization - Consolidation of all Data Management exams into one. 35% complete.
- Question Evaluation / DMBOK2 update - existing questions in basic exams are being evaluated for quality, difficulty level, and are being updated to DMBOK2 information (if different). Creating Exam Governance committee from Fellows and others to manage question governance and change control.
- Administration effort optimization - currently the processes for setting up testers, creating and sending results, evaluating re-certification requests, and creating and sending certificates are completely manual procedures. Lack of detailed documentation and knowledge transfer is causing delays in these steps.
In the September 8th DAMA International Board meeting, the following changes were implemented.
Changes to CDMP elective substitutions
List approved by the Board:
- TDWI - CBIP
- IIBA - CBAP
- ISC2 - CISSP
- BCS / ACS - DMSG (Data Management Specialist Group)
- MS in Information Management
- MBA in Informatics
- IRMS - CDGP / CIP
- AIIM - CIP
- ICCP - CDP
- ISACA - CISA / CRISC / CISM
Vendor-specific certifications are not included. Networking, hardware, and Desktop certifications are not applicable. Please contact email@example.com for questions or suggestions.
Changes to re-certification requirements:
CDMP Re-certification no longer requires question submission as part of the process.
CDMP Re-certification continues to require CPD logbook submissions for review of experience/continuing education and payment of the re-certification fee.
CDMP Certificate delivery
Certificate generation and distribution has been on hold since late August due to staffing changes and technical difficulties. We plan to start catching up with electronic certificates by September 30, 2018. If you believe you are due a certificate and have not already contacted firstname.lastname@example.org, please do so now.
August 25th 2018:
On Saturday, August 25, 2018, the Board of Directors met for the first time as a full Board. One of the topics discussed was the current CDMP testing process.
Based on a) experiences setting up and holding the three chapter-hosted boot camps in the last month, and b) other stability issues with the CDMP testing platform and content, the DAMA I Board reluctantly decided to pause the sale of CDMP certification exams. We cannot provide the support the process needs at this time, and there are too many issues that prevent us giving our members a world-class product and certification experience. Rather than continue below par as we are, we want to fix the issues, and that requires a pause.
The board has committed to a 2 month timeline to identify and address current challenges, and determine a long-term solution. Over the next two months, we will be updating this page as we get closer to making the revised tests available.
Exams already purchased are not affected. They can be scheduled and taken as planned. However, no new CDMP tests will be available for purchase.
Recertification is not affected. Use this link to get recertification details.
- We are in the process of hiring another administrative assistant to assist with our backlog of issues and get us back on track.
- Our VP of Professional Development is looking at ways to streamline the CDMP Certification process.
- We will be offering incentives for the first two months of resumed testing, such as Pay-if-you-Pass for all tests.
Below is a proposed first draft of a new, simpler, CDMP structure, which will be effective for new certifications going forward. Existing certifications will still be valid.
|DAMA Membership||Chapter or Central|
|Practical Experience Guideline*||6 months to 5 years||2 years to 10 years||10 years minimum||Over 25 years|
|Requirements||DM Fundamentals exam||DM Fundamentals exam
+ 2 elective exams
|Exam Pass Mark||60%||70%||80%|
|Allowable Substitutions||None||One alternate certification can replace one elective|
|Route||Apply and take exam||Apply and take exams||Apply and take exams
Submit Case Study
* Industry experience is a guideline for taking the certification. In some cases, a minimum level of experience will be necessary to pass. Individuals are welcome to remain at any level without pressure to advance.
** Nominations for CDMP Fellows may be sent to CDMP Fellows
|DM Fundamentals Exam (all levels)*||USD$220|
|Elective Exam (per exam)*||USD$250|
|Master Case Study**||USD$280|
|Exam Re-take Fee||USD$200|
|Exam Cancellation Admin Fee||USD$ 50|
Non-members must bundle an Individual Central Membership (Tier I) with their first exam or provide proof of Chapter membership. (Membership requirement removed for taking exams 11/3/2018. Membership is required for to obtain and maintain Certification.)
** Candidates for Master CDMP must provide a case study related to one of their two elective topics, as well as pass all three exams at 80% or above.
- Transfers of Exam Registrations or Individual Central Memberships from one individual to another are not permitted.
- All exams are taken online.
- Online proctoring requires full payment in advance of scheduling a test.
- Chapter-led or conference proctoring are treated as pay-if-you-pass.
Please watch out at various DAMA International endorsed conferences for exam preparation workshops and proctoring.