DAMA International is pleased to open the 2018 election ballot for DAMA International Board of Directors and Officer positions. DAMA Chapter Presidents will be notified of the election processes directly.
Per DAMA International Bylaws VI.C.1
"If there are no contested positions, (positions for which more than one person is nominated), no balloting is required. The nominee will automatically take office..."
Chapters vote for one nominee for each position based on the existing by-laws. Each chapter has only one vote per position. You can find the responsibilities for each office on the DAMA.org and description of voting rights on the DAMA International website in the by-laws that are accessible along with other information at:https://dama.org/content/policies
DAMA International recognizes that the current by-Laws need to be amended to address the voting rights of Central members, and plans to do so as soon as possible.
Election closes on December 31 2018 at 11:59pm UTC. (Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note the timezone it is UTC not your local timezone.
Positions (starting 1/1/2019):
- President - Loretta Mahon Smith (DAMA NCR)
- VP Financial Services - April Reeve (DAMA New York City)
- VP Operations - Lindy Kresl (DAMA Rocky Mountain)
- VP Member Services - Ken Dunn (DAMA Houston), Kevin Ladwig (DAMA North Texas), Frank Kadwell (DAMA Minnesota)
- VP Online Services - Ekkehard Schwartz (DAMA German), Lowell Fryman (DAMA Rocky Mountain)
Chapters in ‘active status’ (Bylaws IX.B.1) as of 1 November 2018 will be included in the nomination and voting process.
- Peter Aiken (Past President, DAMA International)
- Karen Lopez (Governance and Ethics Officer, DAMA International)
- John A. Zachman (Lifetime Advisor, DAMA International)
- Tony Mazzarella (President DAMA New England)
- Lou O'Brien (President DAMA Ireland)
- Andrew Smailes (President DAMA Australia)
||Publish Draft DAMA-I Elections Calendar to PC
||Publish draft DAMA-I Elections Process for Comment to Presidents' Council
||Incorporate changes to process voted on by PC
||Chapters must be in ‘active’ status to participate
||Solicit nominations / validate-publish nominations as they arrive
||Publish final list of eligible voting chapters and ballot
||Voting completes and results are announced shortly after
Contact email@example.com for more information.